This is the ultimate Mt Hawthorn home brimming with Federation character at the front, and boasting one of the best rear extensions we've seen in a while. It's on a peaceful street, just 300m from The Mezz, a short walk to Leederville, and 5km from Perth's CBD a location that will leave you wanting for nothing.
The attractive red brick facade and smart front garden create a stunning first impression, and opening the leadlight door, you step into the central corridor that showcases the home's turn-of-the-century character in all its glory. There's gleaming Jarrah floorboards, soaring high ceilings, stunning archway and cornicing work plus original fireplaces in two of the bedrooms.
Exploring this stunning home, you'll see it is fabulously modern in all the right places. The bathrooms have been beautifully renovated, and there's substantial built-in storage throughout. Floor-to-ceiling glass doors at the rear create seamless indoor-outdoor areas to live, relax and entertain. Meanwhile, the classic floors and towering ceiling heights have been carried through (with dazzling effect!). Everything has been thought of ... there's even an invisible, retractable fly screen across the end of the house!
The north-facing backyard is an urban paradise, completely private from the world. It's fully reticulated, designed for low maintenance, and wrapped in easy-care landscaping. Outdoor gas points mean there's easy connections to the built in barbecue and access to having a outdoor gas heater.
Back inside, the state-of-the-art kitchen is flanked by an enormous marble-clad island a social layout that allows for casual meals, homework or simply keeping the cook company. Quality appliances include a 900mm freestanding Smeg oven, a Smeg rangehood and Miele Dishwasher. The swimming pool is in full view, and the laundry (tucked away in the adjacent room) is designed to also serve as a scullery.
A second generous courtyard has also been incorporated into the modern layout. It floods the centre of the house with natural light and fresh air, also providing a second alfresco option that is comfortable on the hottest days and in the coldest months.
This home offers that perfect combination of heritage and modernity, in a fabulous central location. It is a must-see!
• Solar heated swimming pool (frameless glass fencing)
• North-facing back yard & entertaining areas
• Second alfresco courtyard
• Four King-size bedrooms with substantial built-in storage
• Stunning marble ensuite bathroom off master
• Powder room handy to entertaining areas
• Fourth bedroom can also double as a second living area
• Fully restored original character features
• 5KW solar panels
• Surround sound to lounge, outdoor area and main bedroom
• Daikin ducted reverse-cycle air-conditioning
• Security gate and front fence with intercom and house alarm
• Carport bay and a council approved private off street parking bay
• 75m to the local park (beautiful space shaded by majestic trees)
• 250m to Cafe Strip on Scarborough Beach Road (3-minute walk)
• 300m to The Mezz shops (4-minute walk)
• 450m to neighbourhood gem Hobart Deli (6-minute walk)
• 500m to New Norcia bakery buy fresh bread each morning!
• 800m to Braithwaite Park (new nature play adventure playground)
• 5km to Perth CBD
• School catchment zone for Mt Hawthorn Primary, Mt Lawley and Churchlands Senior Schools.
The property is available now.
Pets will be considered upon application.
Lawn and Garden Care and Pool Maintenance all included in the rent.
Paragon Property does NOT accept online applications through 1Form.
Properties MUST be viewed and an application form collected from the viewing or downloaded from our website.
THE PROPERTY ADDRESS IS 92 HOBART STREET, MOUNT HAWTHORN.
PLEASE DRIVE BY THE PROPERTY TO ASSESS ITS SUITABILITY.
FOR DETAILS AND VIEWINGS, PLEASE EMAIL